Am I eligible?
All junior golf athletes ages 12-18 are eligible to apply and must meet the following guidelines:
- You must be planning to enroll in a two- or four-year college or university no more than one year after graduation or completion of school curriculum.
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Be a citizen of the United States or lawful US permanent resident or lawful International student.
- Demonstrate academic and leadership abilities.
- Have strong community service or involvement, devoting a minimum of 40 hours of service per year.
- Have golf merit or skill ability. Examples: have score of 65 or higher on GPC Player Development Score (physical, golf skill and performance testing/assessment, golf IQ of etiquette and rules) or a 78 tournament scoring average in 36-54 hole approved events.
- Submit a letter of recommendation from someone other than a family member.
- Interview with the Executive Director of GPC Foundation, Inc.
- Provide a financial statement of need with your application.
- Attend a two-day player development assessment at Golf Performance Center Academy in Ridgefield, CT.
How are scholarships awarded?
All scholarships are awarded based on merit-based criteria: current participation in golf, assessment of potential success at the college level, and financial need.
How do I apply?
In order to be considered, you must complete the GPC Foundation Scholarship Application and provide financial information as compiled by the College Scholarship Service (CSS Profile). You will not be able to complete the CSS Profile until you have filled out the FAFSA (Free Application for Student Aid). Visit: http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/.
Please include the following in the application packet:
- Completed application forms
- School transcript
- Letter of recommendation
If you have received aid or a scholarship from another institution, you must also provide that documentation.
For how long am I eligible?
Students are eligible to receive aid every year, but must reapply each year that he/she is seeking aid.
Are there special conditions?
- The total amount of the scholarship will be determined by the total number of qualified candidates and available funds.
- Scholarship award does not mean acceptance into any merit-based tournament entries or guaranteed acceptance into the Golf Performance Center Academy.
- Due to NCAA restrictions, scholarship recipients are eligible to receive up to 90% of tuition at the Golf Performance Center Academy, if accepted, and restrictions may vary at other academies.
Where do I get the application?
Please return all forms to Melanie Guerrera, GPC Foundation, Inc., 96 Danbury Road, Ridgefield, CT 06877.
When do I apply?
Scholarships are awarded on a rolling basis, so there are no specific deadlines. The Board of Directors meets quarterly to review applications and make speedy decisions.
Are the scholarship recipients anonymous?
Scholarship recipients are anonymous. Recipients' names will not be publicized to anyone or any media outlet. GPC Foundation highly respects all applicants' privacy.